Outlook creates large HTT* files in Windows\Temp folder

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by NathanG, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NathanG

NathanG Registered Member

I Operate Outlook 2007 in cached exchange mode. Immediately upon starting Outlook, several 1 GB HTT* files are generated in C:\Windows\Temp. These files vary in number during the Outlook session, but at least several of them persist until Outlook is exited. This problem only occurs when SSL scanning is on. If SSL scanning is turned on, excluding the exchange server’s domain form scanning will also alleviate the problem. Excluding Outlook and SearchProtocolHost.exe from protocol filtering also prevents the formation of the HTT* files.

I am using Vista Ultimate SP2 x64 and running NOD32 version 4.2.71.2.

2. mbuc310

mbuc310 Registered Member

3. NathanG

NathanG Registered Member

I saw that thread, but I think that it only partially applies to me because I take the quote by Marcos along with other posts in that thread to mean that large continuous streams of data generate the 1 GB HTT* files. Specifically, it was my understanding that size of the HTT* should have some relation to the total amount of data transmitted. I have seen small HTT* generated by visiting YouTube, for example, where the size of the HTT* is commensurate with the total amount of data transmitted. Since several large 1 GB files appear immediately upon starting Outlook, it is not possible for gigabytes of data to have been transmitted by that point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.