Outlook conector and ESSv4 RC

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by MasterTB, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

When using outlook connector on Microsoft Outlook, the plugin in ESS breaks outlook and it stops responding. Either disabling ESS's integration or Outlook Connector are required for it to work.
    For those who are not familiar with it, Outlook Connector is the way to check for hotmail or live accounts in outlook using imap.

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Hmm I always used Windows Live Mail, it's not a hack and it's probably going to be sold as "the future outlook".

3. MasterTB

Yeah but nothing has the functionality of Microsoft Office Outlook. Anyway, I get your point, there is no reason to use outlook connector when I can just use Live Mail. Still there is an issue there to be looked at, don't you think?
    After all, many people I know would rather use just one program instead of two to read their mail, and with all the problems that thunderbird is having...

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I'm not sure, is outlook connector an official plugin or written by someone else? If it's not official they don't really have a reason to support it (in my opinion) they are still supporting what the program is "supposed" to do.

But I agree the whole multi email client is annoying me too. Live just doesn't have the flexibility of Thunderbird for my IMAP accounts and the Thunderbird module is just full of bugs unlike the bug free Live module.

5. MasterTB

Exactly.

btw. Outlook Connector is a Microsoft Program. It integrates with Outlook to offer IMAP support for Hotmail and Live Mail accounts.

6. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi,

Using Microsoft Outlook 2007 with Outlook Connector 12.0.6414.1000 and ESS v4 RC1 on Vista SP1 here with no issue.

Quite apart from ESS, I originally had several intergration issues with the outlook connector. These were eventually resolved by reboot, repair outlook connector from add/remove programs and then launch Outlook.

Hope that helps :doubt:

Cheers :)

7. MasterTB

Yes I tried that with the beta relaease of ESSv4 but this one does not seem to like outlook connector (or maybe the problem is the connector and not ESS), any way I'm disabling it for now. I hate hangs when I'm checking my mail, mostly because I use it for work.
    I only home that tis compatibility issues are all resolved when approaching to final.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.