OUTLOOK & BUSINESS CONTACT MANAGER WON'T OPEN with NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by AV-2263756, Oct 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AV-2263756

AV-2263756 Guest

If I tick "Open Automatically" in the security setting for AMON, then Outlook & Business Contact Manager won't open.
    If I open Outlook & BCM first & then manually open NOD32 & the system works OK.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have sent an email to Eset asking for further help with this problem. It is not something I have ever come across...

Cheers :D

3. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hello AV-2263756,

Can I just ask if you have the latest version of NOD32 installed? (currently v. 2.12.3 is available to download from www.nod32.com)

Bandicoot.

4. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hello again AV-2263756,

The esteemed Mr. Spear has informed me that you do indeed have the latest version of NOD installed. In which case, could you download a Network Protocol Enumerator from this link http://eset.zftp.com/npe.exe and send the generated log file to support@nod32.com please? Put a brief explanation with it and we'll have a look and get back to you as quick as we can.

Bandicoot.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

We have a result, to quote an email received this morning from AV-2263756:

"The computer service person who looks after our company network had recently removed Nod32 from my laptop computer & installed McAfee on it - but told me only that she had removed Nod32. I indicated that I wanted Nod32 re-installed on my computer. She reinstalled Nod32 but didn’t uninstall McAfee. This seems to have been the cause of the problem. I uninstalled McAfee & checked the automatic start up box in Security in Amon. The system seems to work OK now. Thanks for the help!"

So the issue was a conflict between McAfee and Nod32.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.