Outlook backup Fails

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AXKKL7, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AXKKL7

AXKKL7 Registered Member

I have True Image 2009, can't find the build number, but there are no more current updates available.

I set up a diff backup task on my outlook folders and it has run successfully, but sometimes the backup fails to complete showing 65% complete with time to complete still showing. I have left it for hours and it never progresses past this point.

I have deleted the task and created new ones, but the problem persists. If I edit the problematic task the whole program crashes. Anyone have a clue on this problem.

system:
    XP sp 2
    2 GB ram

John

2. Palcouk

Palcouk Registered Member

Not to answer your Q, but;
    The Outlook data file is a single file that shows as modified whenever Outlook is opened, whether data is changed or not. As such there is no point in configuring a differential backup of the OL data file, each backup will actually be a full backup of the data file and all its contents.
    The backup of an OL data file will fail if OL is open, or be corrupted

3. AXKKL7

AXKKL7 Registered Member

Palcouk,

Thanks for your reply. Actually it answers my question and a few more. I always back up my .pst file with my data backup. I was just trying the email type and ran into problems. I was archiving my outlook data when the backup task started so that was probably the problem.

I also have noticed that after that happens, I can't back up Outlook with the same task even if OL is closed and after a reboot. I can't end the backup without killing the process in Windows task manager. I hope Arconis reads this and addresses these issues.

Thanks again

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello John,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

It is impossible to find a reason for the encountered issue without a further investigation. Please submit an e-mail request to Acronis Customer Service Department here

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.