Outlook 2007 Fatal problems

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Christofle, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christofle

Christofle Registered Member

Hello,
    I use Windows Vista 32 and Outlook 2007 (not with exchange).
    When I try to delete or close an email, Outlook just crash.
    Even with the Antispam filter set to disable.

I have the ESET Smart Security 3.0.137.0

Kind regards
    Chris

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Does the error appear even in ESS is installed ?
    Does the error appear even when Mail protection is disabled ?

If the answers are NO , then try to open Add/Remove programs , find Office 2007 , choose Change and perform repair of the Office applications . It might not be ESS related

3. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

I can't offer any solutions but all I can say is I haven't encountered any problems using ESS and Outlook 2007. The only change I made was to not let it check mail upon Outlook startup as it starting going through all my e-mails and classifying some of them as spam. Other than that, it's whitelisted all of my address book and sent emails and everything is working fine. I'm using Vista 32-bit also.

4. TonyDownUnder

TonyDownUnder Registered Member

I note that the problem exists even with the Anti Spam disabled. If it was me I'd suspect that the problem could lie with EMON.

If you disable that as well and the problem goes away then that may well have been the issue.

For more on EMON see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=179545

It may be worth a try;)

5. JimGary

JimGary Registered Member

Try not maximizing the email. When I open an email, as opposed to reading in the preview window, maximize it then close it, Outlook restarts. If I just open it, then close it, no restart. I have no idea why.

6. The One

The One Frequent Poster

Same problem here.
    Outlook 2007 keeps on crashing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.