Outlook 2003/Exchange/Emon duplicate emails

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sanchehl, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanchehl

sanchehl Guest

I'm running in our office Microsoft Exchange 2003 email server. The clients are running Outlook 2003 with all the latest updates, junk mail filter turned on and outlook in cached mode. all clients have NOD32 installed with Emon enabled, Imon off.
    Here is the problem, not sure if it is NOD32 related.
    We are getting a lot items in the Sync Issues/Conflicts folder. I have noticed that when new emails come into the inbox, some say at the top "You made changes to another copy of this item. This is not the most recent version.
    Click here to see the other versions." If i check the conflicts folder, the same message is there. If i delete the new message from the inbox, i can check the deleted items folder and the message shows up as two items. My guess is, one is from the inbox, the other from the conflicts folder.

Here is what i have tried to narrow down the problem?
    Turned off Cache mode. This fixes it but it is not an option for everyone.
    Turned off Outlook Junk e-mail filter on the client side. This reduced the amount of conflicts by a lot, but i still got some duplicates.
    I turned off Emon, and re-enabled junk mail filter again, so far no duplicates.

Has anyone else experience this scenerio and has found a good fix.
    Seems strange that turning off Emon fixes the issue in cached mode. Sounds like there might be a problem with Emon.

2. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

FAQ section states that Outlook 2003 is NOT supported in EMON now but I don't know how that translates into your symptoms. You can try support@nod32.com BUT should review the EMON-FAQ section until someone answers ( www.eset.com /Support Center/FAQ under Knowledge Base in Left Column). One of the Guru's who normally help here will show up and clarify this issue, I'm sure.

3. sanchehl

sanchehl Guest

Thanks. i saw the faq you were referring to. Sounds kinda strange that Outlook 2002 and 2003 are not supported for Emon. I figured after so many updates ,especially to version 2.5, NOD would support 2+ year old main stream programs?
    guess i'll just have to wait and see.....

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Just an observation, but english is not good enough for you?
    As I can see, you write and read it perfectly.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Fire off an email to support, and we would appreciate knowing the outcome, as we all learn this way...

Cheers :D

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  6. sanchehl

sanchehl Guest

Quick update.
    Sent an email to support regarding the issues i noted in this thread. I got a reply saying that the FAQ on the web is out of date and that since version 2.5 outlook 02/03 are supported. they are looking further into the issues.
    I'll post back when i have more news.

7. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    How about the server itself?
    How many clients?
    What are the horsepower specs of the server (CPU / RAM)?
    Server service pack level?
    Exchange service pack level?
    What antivirus is running on the server?
    Are the Exch database directories excluded in the AMON?
    If NOD32 running on the server, is IMON disabled?
    Is XMON running on the server too?

8. billaku

billaku Registered Member

NOD 32 Supports Outlook 2003

This has been an issue for a couple of months this forum, myself question to Eset getting same response back.

*But* who created that webpage? Can that person update that webpage? If not, can Eset Webmaster update the webpage? If so, could the Eset Webmaster please update Eset website info on NOD32 support of Outlook 2003? If so, that would save much unnecessary back forth here if that info on their website would *finally* be updated.

Sure hope different department than might be updating info on Outlook 2003 being supported on their website.

Look forward to reading your post back with further news, update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.