Outlook 2002 and HTML E-mails

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by puff-m-d, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello all,

I am hoping someone can help me with this problem. All of a sudden a few days ago, all e-mails received in Outlook 2002 have gone to a plain text only view. This includes any new e-mails along with any old archived e-mails also.

The only thing that I can find doing a Google search is to check the following registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Options\Mail
    ReadAsPlain
    And be sure it is set to "0" in order to view other ways besides plain text (If this value was "1", you would only be able to view e-mails as plain text).

Outlook 2002 has all service packs and updates current as does my install of XP Pro. Any ideas for a fix for this issue so I will be able to view e-mails as HTML and not only as plain text, will be greatly appreciated.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Puff,

Knowing only a smidgen about OL2K ....
    have you tried running from safemode, possibly eliminating any suspect plugin's/extension's - "path\outlook.exe" /safe

Edit: Hey Puff, I'm not sure if a full pst file has anything to do with the condition you describe, or if restoring html thumb's (# 162) would work,
    but I'll keep typing till something look's right. It sound's like an OL file association issue, or order of some setting within the program.
    Mild speculation perhap's? :D

GF

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.