Outlook 2002 and HTML E-mails

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by puff-m-d, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Feb 13, 2002
    North Carolina, USA
    Hello all,

I am hoping someone can help me with this problem. All of a sudden a few days ago, all e-mails received in Outlook 2002 have gone to a plain text only view. This includes any new e-mails along with any old archived e-mails also.

The only thing that I can find doing a Google search is to check the following registry key:
    And be sure it is set to "0" in order to view other ways besides plain text (If this value was "1", you would only be able to view e-mails as plain text).

Outlook 2002 has all service packs and updates current as does my install of XP Pro. Any ideas for a fix for this issue so I will be able to view e-mails as HTML and not only as plain text, will be greatly appreciated.
  2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Jun 30, 2004
    Garden State, USA
    Hi Puff,

Knowing only a smidgen about OL2K ....
    have you tried running from safemode, possibly eliminating any suspect plugin's/extension's - "path\outlook.exe" /safe

Edit: Hey Puff, I'm not sure if a full pst file has anything to do with the condition you describe, or if restoring html thumb's (# 162) would work,
    but I'll keep typing till something look's right. It sound's like an OL file association issue, or order of some setting within the program.
    Mild speculation perhap's? :D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.