Outbound Traffic Alert Window Placement

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by nameless, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I'm using ESS 3.0.414.0 (RC1) on WinXP Pro SP2.

In line with one of my peeves of GUI design, the outbound traffic alert windows do not remember their placement. This wouldn't be as big a deal if their placement wasn't always such that when the Show settings link in the alert window is clicked:

cap-2.png

...The advanced options portion of the window wasn't forced out of view:

cap-1.png

It's annoying to have to move the window every time I use the Show settings function.

2. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

would also be nice to have the option that when a pop up appears, the advanced section is already open.. (or yeh remember previous position & setting)

3. RoseDreamJ

RoseDreamJ Registered Member

These are both great points which I've grumbled about plenty yet somehow never mentioned.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The position should be remembered and it actually is as long as the prompt window is displayed in its entirety on the desktop. If I move it to the lower left corner of my screen and choose an action, all future prompt windows appear at the same position.

5. nameless

Thank you for the reply, Marcos. The window position is not remembered on my system, even when I move it so that it fits entirely on screen and choose an action. I've done this many times over and it always reverts to (what I assume to be) the default position. (If it's not the default position, it's at least the exact same position--and not the one I left it at previously.)

6. nameless

I deleted the AlertPosition value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eset\Eset Security\CurrentVersion\Client, then made an alert appear (by running an application that had not yet had a rule created for it). The alert window seems to have remembered its position now.

I did not have the advanced options showing when I clicked Allow on the alert (I don't know if this matters). Also, the AlertPosition value was not recreated.

I'm not recommending anyone follow this procedure; I am just reporting back.

7. OMEGA_RAZER

OMEGA_RAZER Registered Member

Having mine not remember the position I followed your recomendation of not following the procedure and did it anyway and it worked :) Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.