Other SpywareGuard accounts display 429 error

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by elinx, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elinx

elinx Registered Member

I installed SpywareGuard 2.2 on a XP-SP1 computer with several useraccounts, all with full rights. SG works only without problems with one account.
    With the other accounts SG starts up, but afther a few seconds there is the 429 error. The SG icon is then removed from the taskbar and sgmain.exe is dissapeared out of the taskmanager. I have installed the MS-runtime files again (v.5.6), without result. Has someone a clue what to do further?

Thanks in advance
    Elinx

Last edited: Sep 13, 2005
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Couple of questions while I attempt to search thru past threads with this same error.

Have you re-booted since installing MS-runtime v.5.6 ?

If you place a shortcut to the main program (sgmain.exe) into the All Users account start menu and then sign into one of the non-working accounts does that help ?

3. elinx

elinx Registered Member

I have already search this forum for a solution, but no succes. Maybe you find more. Thanks

the answers on your questions:

Yes, v.5,6 was already on my PC. I have reinstalled it and rebooted.

The shortcut to sgmain.exe is placed into the "All Users" account with the installation of SG and not in the seperated XP accounts. SG starts in all accounts. But after the 429 error I can't start it anymore in the non-working accounts. First I must ended sgbhp.exe. Then SG starts, but again it stops with a 429 error.

4. de'ath

de'ath Registered Member

I don't have the answer to this problem, but I can say that I have also seen the same thing...
    On almost every XP machine that I have attempted to install it on (which, granted, aren't that many, after I began seeing problems...)
    Are you telling me that there are XP users out there running SG happily on their machines without errors?

5. elinx

elinx Registered Member

Please, what are u telling here. Have you seen on almost every XP machine the useraccount problem or just the 429 error?
    I have search long time on the internet for a solution, but the only anwer I see is to reinstall MSruntimefiles or registering Jscript.dll and VBscript.dll as a answer to the 429 error, but nothing about problems by the use of SG with different useraccounts.

Is that last question for me? I have never told such a thing about SG.

6. elinx

elinx Registered Member

At last I have found the solution for my problems. It had all to do with different registry key permissions for the different XP accounts. Just a part of MS-runtime files was installed/registered, but in each account not the same files.
    With a little utlity "Dial a fix" I have loaded the default permissions and everything works again with all XP accounts.
    How it is possible that the permissions went different, I do realy not know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.