Other security sites?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Metal425, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metal425

Metal425 Registered Member

Do you know of any other security sites that are decent?

I'm just wondering, not that I don't love Wilders. :D

2. FadeAway

FadeAway Registered Member

What kind of security sites do you mean? Forums, scanning, security
    bulletins, security magazines, software comparatives, blogs, etc., etc. o_O

3. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Your security software is supported by security forums, even Opera. Their dLo-page usually contain a link to their forums. Especially useful for posting detections, false/positives or configs for the specific app......

4. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

There is a thread somewhere on wilders where lots of security sites are mentioned now if i could only find it.

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Castle Cops,Spyware Info,Gladiator Security,Broadband Security are four other security forums.

6. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

Depends on your interest.

If you are a big fan about the latest in "rogue antispyware", the latest tactics used by spyware/adware companies and so on, try spyware warrior. Quite a few "big names" bloggers hang out there ready to save the world from the malware scumbags and to tell the media about it... :)

Many of the ASAP forums (particular Spywareinfo) are similar to some degree, most have very little discussion, just people seeking help. The adminship is also less liberal than on Wilders, and they are suspicious of anything that is new. So don't go in there and post about your latest new toy and how it is superior...to tried and tested products... :)

Castlecops is more generic in interest than ASAP forums (which are biased towards antispyware and a clear division exists between the normal noobs and the helpers) but they are also much more into collobrative projects and as a result pretty much everybody there sports a title of some sort, and counts as a staff. But I find them fairly accepting of posts from outsiders at least recently...

Another fairly active forum is the Comodo forums, but I don't quite like the whole "comodo will save the world" blind faith/attitude sported by all the fanboys there (particularly those with the "comodo hero" tag)....

Gladiator Security is a low activity forum, but I find a lot of interesting links to information sources...

Broadband Security - this is a very active forum (only Wilders outstrips it), though the membership overlaps a bit with Wilders, their membership includes not just hobbyists but also a large number of IT (though not necessarily security) professionals (system admins etc), so discussions do get a touch more technical sometimes, though they are more suspicious of vendors posting...

But if you are interested in people testing the newest (beta) and greatest security software, with fairly light moderation, there are few places better than here (at least if we are limited to english forums). The other antivirus subforums and other anti-malware subforums in particular have a lot of vendors monitoring them...

Each forum has its own ethos and style, some have a clear divide between the "Experts" and the rest and discourage posts from people not ranked in the former group, some frown on "spamming" etc.

But generally I find that the gain from reading more than one of these forums is minimal (excepting the vendor specific subforum), in most cases, because of the large overlap in members, something that appears somewhere else will eventually appear here, though not as quick sometimes.

7. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Lusher,

Would you PM me the link of broadband security, I google but did not find it.

Regards Kees

8. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

9. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Thx Lucas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.