Other Forums

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by dallen, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dallen

dallen Registered Member

I would like to take this time to thank Wilders Security Forums, Admins, Moderators, and most importatly all of the wonderful members. I have learned so much and continue to learn every day from the plethora of information that flows through this forum. So, I feel that I owe a lot to everyone that continues to contribute to this forum.

That being said, there is a purpose to this thread. I want to know what other forums exist. I'm sure that there are countless other computer / security related forums like Wilders Security Forums and I would like this thread to allow everyone to share their knowledge of other forums.

So if you know of a popular, or not so popular, forum that you think people that like Wilders would enjoy, please share the URL.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Dallen,

Since the orginal forum you've posted in concerns topics concerning this board only, I've moved the thread to a more apropriate place.

Thanks for the compliments ;)

regards,

paul

3. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I'm a member of say 7-10 security-related forums. None comes close to Wilders. If you want good, multi-dimensional and quick help, Wilders is the place.
    There's always someone who knows something about somwhere.
    Mrk

5. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

What sets Wilders Forums apart from many others is a fierce sense of integrity: fierce meaning strong. A couple of years ago I helped a company keep on the lookout for the posting of a crack to one of its products. It appeared on many forums. Wilders was the *only* forum whose moderators removed the link. It appeared several times and when I saw it I just sent PM to a moderator and it was gone. No other forum on which it appeared did that, even when the company's president notified them. I resigned from one forum because of that.

The policies here may seem a bit tight to some, but by and large I've always felt that they have been fair. Those who moderate and administer the forum appear to be pretty decent people. Computing is just another activity in our lives, and our activities reflect our own values.
    If a person doesn't lie, he is not likely to falsify an agreement online or provide false information about something.

If a person doesn't cheat, he isn't likely to seek out game "cheats" or crack sites.

If a person doesn't steal, he isn't likely to look for pirated software sites.
    By not permitting this type of activity in their forums, Wilders is quite a refreshing place to visit indeed.

To answer your specific question, dallen, another computer / security related forum is DSLR which goes into areas not covered at Wilders:

http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all

Specifically, the Security forum often has topics not brought up here:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/security,1

It also hosts the Kerio forum where the Kerio experts hang out :cool:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/kerio

regards,

-rich

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  6. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I would appreciate being able to add our forum www.vista-xp.co.uk (featured on BBC Click online last weekend) Although a different style to Wilders we do offer HijackThis Log cleaning for one to one support especially when the larger security forums are busy with this type of service.
    We have a support team specific to logs who have all trained @MRU. We highly regard Wilders forum and would welcome any new members to our XP/Vista forum to add input to the various sections OS specific or Security related. Please feel free to join us and remember we now have a specific section for HijackThis logs.

7. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  8. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Great Forums on the Web.

Hi All, On WWW there many forums out there,security related and otherwise,tell me your favourites,i just stumbled across a great one namely '' Geeks to go ''

Huupi.

9. tansu

tansu Registered Member

10. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Re: Great Forums on the Web.

Arstechnica forums http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums, much more mature than others, a real good mix of techys there, covers a great range of topics from hardware to OS to gaming to business.

11. Zhen-Xjell

Zhen-Xjell Security Expert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.