Other AV products that work with ESS

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by delah, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delah

delah Registered Member

Well, despite giving out about Ess3 elsewhere I've decided to keep testing the new suite in the hope that I can get it to play nicely with my machines as I really like ESET after several years great experience with NOD32. (Call me a masochist!)

I'd like to know if any ESS users have managed to get another AV (for on-demand scans only) to co-exist with ESS3 on the same machine and what are thesze products?

Also, if successful were there any procedures needed to get the install to work eg, what did you install first/disable first etc

Thanks for your help.

I am going to test the following on a fully patched XPSP2 machine:

Avira Free
    Avast
    F-Secure
    KAV7

...one at a time of course!

2. dogma

dogma Registered Member

Why would you want to install two AV's (even for backup purposes)? Especially with detection rates of a leading vendor like ESET. o_O

You could always use online scanners for second opinions.

3. delah

delah Registered Member

I've always had a free av along with my main RTS (like NOD32 or KAV)
    My main machine is Vista based and has had KIS7 (FW and ODS) and NOD32 (RTS) working like a charm for nearly a year. Before that on XP, Outpost and NOD32.

I understand what you are saying but I like playing around with this stuff ;)

Plus I have licences for Fsecure and KIS lying around...

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

This type question is not an Eset support query. This forum is for help and support on Eset products only.

Thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.