OT.Update.Was: Would FD-ISR have saved me ?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Banshee, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Do you have a better a BBB there?

Or contact some org. similar. And maybe CC the email to Siemens.

Tis' time to stop fooling around.

2. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

Zapjb,

Read post #15. Nothing I can do but wait.:mad:

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

No that doesn't limit you from doing what I suggested parallel to what is or ISN'T happening now.

4. Banshee

Hi zapjb,

No, you are right but it would be counterproductive. You say write to siemens.Now I tell you what siemens told me when I called tech support and then you draw your own conclusions.

Ok, As you may know my pc started rebooting and then...it went nuts.

On April 3rd, I decided to contact tech support. I call tech support and this one guy makes me sit at the pc and do stuff...I was supposed to do what he told me and then tell him what was happening on the phone.

After 30 mins or so he told me my hd was gone and that he would send a tech man.But.Before that he said I had to fax siemens some papers ,which I did after five mins, and then call back.

I call back and he tells me call back tomorrow as it takes 24 hrs for the fax to be processed. I called back the next day and help desk told me the same thing "fax hasn't been processed, call back tomorrow" or something like that. Easter came and they told me call back next week. After a week i call again.Same darn answer. " I am sorry folks are on holiday call back".

I call again, after a few days, and help desk tell me I had to send in the fax again because they couln't read it. They claimed it was too dark.Of course it was bull.I send the fax again.I call back. This time they told me fax was good but i had to tell them what was wrong with my pc. I explained to them that I did what an operator told me to do and that they had everything on their computers.(The first time I called the guy told me I didn't need to do anything anymore as he typed everything up).

This one guy I was talking to told me I had to tell him everything again if I wanted my pc fixed otherwise nada.I was getting upset but I told him what happened blah blah blah.

He put me on hold and then he hung up on me.(this conversation lasted 26 mins or so).

I had enough. I call back.I talk to another operator and this other fool wanted me to tell him again the whole s***.I told him I just did a few mins before. He told me he'll send the tech my but if it is not the hd as I claimed they would not pay. I said no way I am not a tech and I just did what I was told.It wasn't me who said the hd was toast but help desk. He hangs up on me again. A few mins later they called me and said it was a misunderstanding..blah.I didn't care anymore so I just said ok and I hung up.

All this to say that i want nothing to do with siemens anymore.Do you still think that contacting them would have helped.Likely not.

Btw, I didn't update this OT because I didn't call the tech yesterday and the day before yesterday. I did talk to the tech today and when I asked him how come it takes so long to find a ram stick he said that he has to wait for siemens to send him the ram stick otherwise he doesn't get paid.

nuff ramblings for now...

5. Banshee

Hi all,

I finally got my pc back . I asked the tech if he could explain to me what really happened to my pc and he said it was the ram.no hard drive failure or anything.

After he left I noticed that my hd is not samsung anymore but seagate. I called him up and he said that he put it in there but it should be just as good if not better than the samsung.Not sure if I should complain.

case almost closed.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

It was not a hard drive failure, but he replaced the harddisk anyway. Does that make any sense to you ? Not to me.
    But I would prefer the seagate above samsung, but that is just a personal preference.

7. Banshee

Of course it makes no sense ErikAlbert.But he removed it to give me a better one right ? so much the better for me :)

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Glad to see you're back in business. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.