OT: DiamondCS RegistryProt v2.0

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by marti, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marti

marti Registered Member

Discussion going on in the PCQ&A forum. Is this program only for Win98? Oro_O

thanks,
    marti

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, I don't know what OS it was intended for, but I'm using RegProt 2.0 on Windows XP Home and it works great. It's never failed to warn me of additions to the Run keys in the registry and it doesn't seem to conflict with any other tool. A very fine little security app.

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/web/htm/regprot.htm

3. marti

marti Registered Member

Thanks. That answers the question.

4. controler

controler Guest

even though there are many file watchers out there today.
    I still use my Lockdown because it is paid for and any files wanted can be added besides the default registry files.
    Then I use active ports with lockdown's connection monitor
    Why Active Ports? because it give the full path to the program in question using the connection.
    Besides Lockdown I use Outpost Firewall, Norton 2003 AV
    XPAntispy3, Antikeylogger all on Windows XP Home.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Controler, this is not the place for promotion.
    Be asured many people will scream and cry when they get aware of the products in the build and the one we're beta testing now, which is only a very advanced and soft push to start with things to come.
    RegProt has to do with protecting the registry, allowing or blocking changes in the registry keys and alerts on that.
    It is created for all windows versions, and if it all works fine might depend on individual systems and settings.
    In TDS we look at the processes and there are more options. Established connections / active ports as it's called in netstat which we analyse and kill at wish.
    AK made my system crash so i had to uninstall it; as the keyloggers are detected by TDS anyway no problem.
    You've evaluated TDS long enough by now to know some of it's options and working together with other tools.
    Think most of the astonishing users wishlists are realised by now and refined even more for the next build.

Marti, can you give the URL to that discussion forum, we might be able to give a hand to them. Thanks in advance!

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Jooske - it's here:

http://www.pcqanda.com/dcforum/computer/49068.html

7. marti

marti Registered Member

Hi Jooske,

forum: http://www.pcqanda.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi (registration required to post)

discussion about registry: http://www.pcqanda.com/dcforum/computer/49068.html

8. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'm definitely looking forward to those new products! :)

In regard to the thread topic, RegistryProt works fine on the following Windows OSes that I have tested it on: Win 98, Win ME, Win XP Pro.

Regards,

-Javacool

9. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:D
    will i have windows me and it works great even cougt a few badys trying to kill my computer lol

reg prot comes in handy with a good fire wall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.