OT by an inch: Good laptop?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sarutaro, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarutaro

sarutaro Registered Member

I see that tons of computer gurus are right in this forum. So I am tempted to ask a question because Christmas season is around the corner.

My question is about to get a recommendation for a good laptop which can replace my desktop workhorse and also can be easily backed up by TI. My budget is around $2K. Any suggestion? TIA. Sarutaro

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Heya - well this is off-topic for the Acronis forum so I'm gonna move it to the appropriate Wilder's forum subsection. I also dare to venture the opinion that you will get even more responses from other qualified posters who do not frequent the Acronis section ;-)

3. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Sarutaro,

I picked up a dell E1705 w/ MCE2005 on e-bay for 2K. Primarially a gaming rig, it's built for performance. I'm not a gamer but I prefer gaming machines for their power.

hth,

...screamer

btw: this was in April before intels new chip. You can probably get a better deal than I did, now.

4. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

5. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

It might be a bit generic, but Whatever Toshiba has off the rack has always been rock solid for me since 386's ( now a typewriter ).

One even survived a 2 metre fall onto concrete :eek: and still operates 3 years later.

If you can find a good reseller there are some configuration changes that can be made to order.

Some complications now with decisions re BLURAY v "the other one" drives.

SPend a bit more if possible to future proof it as possible.
    If that is $US2k, you should be able to get a serious rocketship. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.