"OSSS" (Online Solutions Security Suite) Beta is Out

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by PaulBB, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

^^ ok.... :doubt:

2. Mihail Fradkov

Mihail Fradkov Registered Member

OSSS v1.2 Beta is released, but no english translation for changelog and news. Please wait a bit.

3. Habakuck

Any news? :D

Especially about Win7 64-bit support?

4. Mihail Fradkov

5. Habakuck

Thank you for the update! :)

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

hi michael we also need password protection to protect program from alteration as some of us share our computers we other family members;) so it will be a good idea to protect the settinngs/configuration of the program:) thanks
    running smooth so far good job:thumb:

7. Mihail Fradkov

Thanks.
    We are planning to implement this feature, but I can't say exactly in what beta release it will be implemented. Please wait a bit :)

8. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Running this tool as well at the moment and I really like it.

9. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

Very nice tool Mihail, well done! :thumb:

A little expensive in my money ($60AU) however, i will keep watching this one improve and maybe one day i will buy this.

Thank you.

10. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Hi guys. I am now helping to respresent Online Solutions.

@1boss1: What would you like to see as the new price? What price would be fair to you? - Valuable feedback such as this can help us greatly improve the product.

11. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

It depends on the the license. I think more than $30 USD is more than I would pay. It's a nice program and could be very potent against unknown malware.

12. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Well then, a price such as $24.95, you would more then pay for? I am assuming money is an influence to you when buying a product :D

-- By the way thank you for the feedback :)

13. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

That price is quite acceptable, is that lifetime with future program updates? Efficacy, usability, then price are my main concerns in order. OSSS has potential for good efficacy and the price you mentioned (if that is to be the price) is good (obviously a freeware version would be nice too, but programmers have to eat too) but OSSS's usability needs alot of work. I understand it's beta and the predefined rules or whitelist is not in place yet, but I've never seen so many pop-ups from a single app!

14. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Well I will talk to them about changing the price :) As you have said, it is still in beta so it should be expected that the product is not at it's full release stage yet, with it's full features and such. But, as for the popups, hopefully later on (not too long) you will see a dramatic decrease in the number of popups :)

15. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Any timeline estimates? How about on just the set of pre-defined rules?

16. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Not yet, but as soon as I find out more I will be sure to post it on here :)

17. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

On version 1.4 beta used along with Avast 5 (current released version) OSSS installs flawless yet after restart, OSSS locks up on the first prompt. OSSS is prompting about a windows service and no matter what I select OSSS freezes and Window displays a message that it has encountered an error and has to close. I am using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. Possible conflict with Avast?

18. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Apparently there is some sort of conflict related to the presence of avast 5. I uninstalled avast and reinstalled OSSS and it works fine.

19. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

OSSS passes all the Spycar tests fwiw. However, after using System Shutdown Simulator on it (OSSS fails the outbound fw test) i got two bsod's in a row. Not sure if its related to sss.exe, my system, or simply a flaw in OSSS.

20. guest

guest Guest

Would be nice se OSSS in Matousec tests

21. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

I'll pass on the information to the developers. They'll look into all of it :)

We may apply for Matousec in the near future, but as our product is still in beta we may wait till we have a fully tested release :)

22. Mihail Fradkov

I'm not sure at this moment. I need more information. Minimum information: it is a screenshot of "Create Rule" window, when Service trying to start, ald scheenshot of close-error-message. (If you can't get screenshot at this moment, photo is usable too). (If you will have this information, please send it to bugs@online-solutions.ru). Without this information I can't say exactly what is wrong. We will create ticket on this problem and later will try to reproduce described problem. But I think, your system configuration may be important.

P.S. It is very important about what action OSSS asked you, when it freeze later.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  23. Mihail Fradkov

Thank you for information.

1. OSSS since v1.4 must pass any shutdown/logoff/restart tests. Probably, some testing methodics were wrong?
    2. If you got a BSODs, please send minidumps to us, we will analyze them. Even if you are not sure, that this is OSSS problem. Minidumps path is: "%SystemRoot%\Minidump". Send them to bugs@online-solutions.ru. And it will be better if you will write some steps to reproduce problem (if it reproducable for 100%), of just describe some details after what you got BSODs.

Thank you.

24. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I see you updated the 1.4 build today to include some predefined rules. Hopefully that will reduce the amount of pop-ups. I see you also improved system shutdown protection which is also good. I sent the dumps as requested. I look forward to testing the new build.

25. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Hi is OSSS still going to offer a completely freeware version because I see on the website that their is a paid version, but to get a free license you have to promote the product with reviews or be an active beta tester. What I read earlier in the forum said that they were ggoing to offer a completely unrestricted freeware version of the suite but this does not seem to be the case now. can someone clarify this for me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.