oss + mbam ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by makios, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makios

makios Registered Member

Hi,
    Would Outpost Security Suite with Malwarebytes' Antimalware for realtime protection be enough?
    Makios

2. Jaki

Jaki Guest

Yes. Add sandboxie into the mix and what you will have is what I call windows peace of mind. :D

Peace.

3. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

And various online scanners. I recommend making a Panda ActiveScan account.

4. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

So will outpost security suite alone.If you know what HIPS is warning you in case something was not detected by malware scanner,one more realtime scanner like MBAM is not useful.
    On demand yes it probably is.

5. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Former Poster

Personally, I would say no.

Not sure what technology / engine Outpost uses, but there are loads of great AVs out there such as KAV, Norton, Avira etc - why take a risk on Outpost?

If you are using a WiFi connection and a NAT router, just use Windows Firewall. If using Vista, the firewall is very good - and if you want a bit of manual control over it just use this http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/index.html - its free and is just adds a GUI.

I would not use MBAM as a paid piece of software - best just to use it as a free malware removal tool if - in the unlikley event yout AV cant help you - MBAM is okay for removing a small range of things like the fake AVs that some people get stuck with.

If you want a seperate AM scanner, try A Squared - as it is also a full AV as well and has HIPS built in.

MZ

6. makios

makios Registered Member

Thanks for the replies,

:) Very different opinions :)

I decided to give it a try though, OSS en MBAM realtime. Running it for a view days now: very low resources, no disturbing popups. Seems to run fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.