OS wont start. REBOOT always.

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by ampdeck, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ampdeck

ampdeck Registered Member

i got 80gb maxtor sata drive... got 3 partitions... c: 40gb(20gb free space) for my OS.drive d: for my other online game... and last is drive e: for my data files...

ive resized my drive c:(40gb) to 30gb using acronis disk director v10 but after i appply all changes windows exits ang reboot to apply all changes being made by acronis... but the problem is... it wont start windows.. it says "synchronizing with operating system, rebooting" always like that it wont load windows it keeps in restarting... plz help me with this.... tnx

2. Nick57

Nick57 Registered Member

Hi,

I had once something like that, and a driver or startup process form software prevents this. Last time I had this problem with Bitdefender Internet security it stopped me from doing anything with the HD and Acronis.

Try to start in safe mode, goto start, run, type msconfig, then goto tab with bootini, tick the option /SAFEBOOT this will do the trick as there won't be anything buggy Acronis now!.

If you want you can go also to the tab startup and untick some suspicius drivers//programs from there ;-)

Good luck, let me know if it helped you.

Don't forget once you did your job, to untick the situation back to normal. ;)

3. ampdeck

ampdeck Registered Member

is there any acronis tool that i could use to redo the changes which i had made?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Management Software

Actually there is no utility to undo actions because of disk managing technologies.
    You still can try the workaround suggested by Nick57. It works in cases like yours.

Thank you
    --
    Alexander Gladkov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.