OS to SSD UEFI Problem

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by jasonthekidd, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonthekidd

jasonthekidd Registered Member

Alright, this may be a real stupid problem....

I had no problem transferring my OEM OS (Windows :cool: From my 1TB Seagate Baracudda SATA HDD to a 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD. The process went smooth and fast.

I restarted as the Paragon instructions stated to do.

When I enter the UEFI/BIOS by pressing F2 on startup, I am NOT given the option to BOOT from my OCZ Vertex 4 SSD. My only options are my Seagate Baracudda (C:\) and a 4GB memory card which is in my HP printer. My other drives are not shown.

I have the OCD Vertex 128GB SSD which I copied the OS to and also a 128GB Crucial M4 SSD. The Crucial M4 is visible and usable in Windows File Explorer. The OCZ Vertex 4 disappears once I copy the OS to it using Paragon Migrate. I can see it in Disk Manager but it does not have a Drive Label...hence the disappearance when I try to explore it in Windows File Explorer.

Am I missing something here? Why does my UEFI/BIOS not give me the option to boot from all/each of my drives?
    Could it be how they are plugged into the SATA Ports on the Motherboard? I have the Seagate HDD plugged into a SATA6 port 0 and the Vertex SSD plugged into SATA6 Port 1. The Crucial M4 is plugged into a SATA3 Port (Underpowered but no SATA6 ports available) and then my CD ROM is also in a SATA3 port.

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your replies!

2. jasonthekidd

OK, Should have read other posts first.

Sorry for being such a newbie.

I'm going to try to disconnect my Seagate Baracudda and plug the OCZ Vertex 4 into the SATA Port that the HDD was plugged into and try a restart.

Wish me luck. Hopefully Ill be posting a success in a few minutes.

Thanks!

3. jasonthekidd

TA-DA! Faster than ever and completely successful!

My OCZ Vertex 4 is up and running Windows 8 perfectly.

4. jasonthekidd

Alright...

So my OLD C: Drive now shows up as drives E, F, H.....Two - 430GB Partitions (E and F) and a 59GB Windows Partition ( H ). Can the Windows ( H ) Partition be deleted?

There are also 2 recovery partitions. A 12.0GB and a 800MB on separate partitions. There is also a 260MB EFI System Partition. Should I copy these over to my new C: Drive? Is it possible to copy them over to my new C: Drive?

How do I move a recovery partition? Or is that out of the realm of this forum's purpose?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.