OS support for NOD32 Enterprise?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by brian8599, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brian8599

brian8599 Registered Member

I'm wondering if I can either run NOD's remote control application(s) from Linux (FC5) or Windows XP Pro? I don't have (or want) a Windows Server running here but am very interested in this product.

Also, does the Enterprise license include Linux as well? I have a Linux file server and PBX that I'd ideally like to run NOD32's Remote management and update server on.

Thanks.
    -Brian

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I can't answer about *nix...but it will run on Win2K Pro and WinXP Pro (and possibly XP Homless...although hopefully you're not stuck with XP Homeless in a business network)

I took over a business network a year ago that had an XP Pro rig in the domain as their main Symantec Antivirus Server...I did replace Symantec CE with NOD EE...still currently using the XP Pro rig until a new server gets put in next year for a few other duties.

The only drawback I can think of...is updates may be a few minutes behind on the network..since desktop OS's have a max of 10x concurrent connections. So during certain times, if more than 10x clients are doing their default 5 minute heartbeat checks for updates...some might get rejected til the next attempt. Not really an issue IMO.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. brian8599

brian8599 Registered Member

I want to know if the Remote Administrator application and update server can run under Linux (Fedora Core 5) or if I'm stuck with running this under Windoze.

The KB wasn't clear in this regard. Maybe an Eset employee can clarify?

5. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi Brian:

For the RAS and RAC System Requirements, see page 7 in this document: http://www.nod32-av.com/WPs/RAWhitePaper.pdf

The LAN Update System Requirements see: http://www.nod32-av.com/products/lanupdate.htm

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The Remote Administrator Server is available for operating systems derived from Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, including NT 4.0, 2000, XP and 2003 Server. Note that while an NT 4.0-derived operating system is required, it does not have to be a server version. Windows NT 4.0 Workstation and Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP Professional are all acceptable OSes for running a Remote Administrator Server.

The Remote Administrator Console is available for Microsoft Windows 95, 98, Me, NT 4.0, 2000, XP and Server 2003 (basically, any 32-bit version of Microsoft Windows, sans Windows NT 3.x). It provides a GUI from which the Remote Administrator Server service is managed.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.