OS Selector support 64 bit Windows?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by silver0066, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Will it support the new 64 bit Windows XP?

2. silver0066

IS ANYONE HOME? HOW ABOUT A RESPONSE ACRONIS?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello silver0066,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

We haven't tested Acronis OS Selector with Windows 64bit but there shouldn't be any problems because the boot process is close to the one of other Windows systems.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. jere60

jere60 Registered Member

I tried it with the trial software to see if it would work. It boots Windows XP Prof just fine but when I try to boot Windows XP 64bit it starts to boot then I get autochk not found and it reboots itself. If I disable Acronis OS Selector and make the Windows XP 64bit partition active it boots just fine. So it doesn't work here with Windows XP 64bit so I'll probably not purchase the software.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jere60,

I have contacted our Development Team in connection with your case. They say Acronis OS Selector should work fine with Windows XP 64bit. Could you please uninstall Acronis OS Selector and create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread indicating in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman? I will try to find out the reason for the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. JohnH

JohnH Guest

I can confirm that Disk Director and OS selector do NOT work in XP64 Operating system...

I installed the trial version, rebooted and the OS selector worked (even tho it dfidn't pick up my second OS), logged back into my 64bit OS, tried to run first Disk Director and then the OS selector and got the following errors:

http://wanderer.jazweb.us/temp/snap00023.jpg

http://wanderer.jazweb.us/temp/snap00024.jpg

I did what the messages told me to do FIVE TIMES before giving up in frustration.

At a rough guess, I would say that when installing the suite, and it got to the part of trying to install whatever drivers it needed to put into my 64-bit OS, my 64-bit OS wouldn't let it, or my OS threw the drivers out. (Although I could be wrong)

7. silver0066

It seems rather odd to me that Acronis would not test their software with an operating system that was announced over 2 years ago by Microsoft and released sometime ago. After all, MS has over 97% of the market. It would only take 1 person less that a day to see if the software works with 64bit or not.

Is Acronis in business to stay ... or do they want their customers to do all of the testing for them?

"because the boot process is close to the one of other Windows systems" is purely guess work and not worthy of a viable software company competing in the marketplace. The software either works with 64 bit or it does not. How about testing it so that your customers don't have to go through the above frustations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.