OS selector removal

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Alexisw, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexisw

Alexisw Guest

Hi,
    In short, my problem is:
    Acronis on systems, no problem;
    windows automatic update; restart;
    acronis says it cant find os selector prog, in dos part of startup.

now i want to remove acronis oss from any registry keys or other files, so it does not start with oss, but the regular C:windows install, like it would without oss.

My problem is, where do i have to remove the relevances towards OSS, so it doesnt look for OSS during startup?

Thanks in advance

2. alexisw

alexisw Guest

oh forgot one main important thing that moght be essential:

I'm running windows 2003 server standard

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello alexisw,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

If you want to uninstall Acronis OS Selectore you can select the Boot At Once mode or temporarily de-activate Acronis OS Selector. If you still have need to uninstall Acronis OS Selector, please never do it manually, but instead invoke the Acronis OS Selector uninstallation routine. To do so, reboot the computer, enter the Acronis OS Selector Boot menu, start Setup from it, and choose the «Uninstall Acronis OS Selector…» item from the «Other» menu of the Setup.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. alexisw

alexisw Guest

Thank you for the reply, but unfortunately i cant do that.
    The problem is that acronis oss has completely dissapeared, so there are still entries in startup files somewhere that point to acronis oss, but cant find the program.
    So i cant enter any acronis menu at all, i have to get rid of the entries in startup files, so my system doesnt look for acronis, but just boot windows.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello alexisw,

Please try to boot the computer from a Windows 2000/XP Installation CD, start Recovery Console and run fixmbr command. If the problem still persists please create Acronis Report (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instruction) and send it with the link to this thread to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.