OS Selector Problems_Bootwiz present

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by acronis_user, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acronis_user

acronis_user Registered Member

The OS Selector was installed and worked briefly on a machine running Windows XP.

However, our experience has caused us to severely question whether to adopt Acronis products.

One day the OS Selector suddenly stopped showing "XP" as a boot choice.

We did "Fix MBR" as recommended. Did not resolve problem.

Re-installed XP on a different drive.

Now there are almost 10 Gigabytes of data in a folder titled "bootwiz" on the original boot drive, split among 3 sufolders (Program Files, Documents and Settings, Windows).

All the original OS, program, and user information appears to be there.

Any idea how to 'reactivate' it, so we do not have to 'reinstall' everything?

Very disappointed by this experience.

Thank you

2. LetzRoll

LetzRoll Registered Member

Inside the BOOTWIZ folder are 3 sub folders: documents and settings, program files, and Windoze. Simply copy each of the 3 sub-folders into your new installed file tree after deleting their namesakes therein first. That is, copy them in at the 1st level above the root. Dun it myself more than once and it works fine.

3. mercedes

mercedes Registered Member

hello,

I have a similar problem with OS Selector bought in April and which is not yet operable !! Multiboot is actually somewhat tricky and I'm not quite sure that OS Selector is able to cope with it.Though the tech. support is very nice I dare
    no longer to bother them with additional mails.Maybe I've lost some bucks ....too bad.On the other hand I am very pleased with True Image and Partition Expert.

Do some of you have encountered problems with Acronis OS Selector ?

Thanks for your replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.