OS Selector Mouse Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Phoenix31756, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix31756

Phoenix31756 Registered Member

Can anyone please tell me what mouse everyone is useing when accessing the OS selector screen on boot up ?

For the past 4 months I have tried everything that has been posted here regarding this issue, I've tried almost everything and still no mouse being active.

I have a Logitech G5 USB mouse,tried the Green dongle, even tried useing a PS/2 mouse and ALL with no useability !

I have fiddled with the USB lagacy in the BIOS and still no go.

I've been trying to follow Toothless's topic on installing XP Pro but I cant seem to get that check box for Active/Hidden to change.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !

p.s. A few times I've had the pointer on the screen but no m0ovement at all, if that helps.

2. cortez

cortez Registered Member

I had the same problem. The cure was to uninstall and reinstall my yahoo browser and it worked good again. The acronis forum was completly disfunctional until the re-install. I do not know if this will apply to you, but who knows it might work.

3. Phoenix31756

Thanks but that's not the problem here.

The problem stems when the system is booting when OS selector is active before xp boots up.

cant get the damn mouse to install nor work while your at the screen.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS !

Thanks in advance

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Do you still have keyboard access?

Is the mouse attached via an external hub or do you have an external hub attached?

If there is, connect the mouse directly to the PC, if you have the mouse plugged into the front USB ports, try the back ones instead.

As I have a wireless Logitech mouse that won't work in the Linux environment, I'll see how I'll go using OSS at the boot screen. I normally boot into XP and reboot into my other OS's from there - so I haven't had this problem yet!

Colin

5. Phoenix31756

Thanks for your reply.

I have keyboard access, useing a Zboard USB setup.
    ( I've tried numberous times to set things useing this but I dont know the keyboard commands, well not all them, been doing the trial and error thing)
    The Logitech G5 mouse is USB and its attached to the USB ports on the back of the computer directly to the MB. Which is an Asus AN8-SLI Deluxe.

I've tried almost everything with no success, I've even tried useing an old PS/2 mouse and still no go, AM I missing something or are we the only ones useing OSS ?

What I am trying to accomplish here is getting 3 copies of XP Pro installed and working in a multiboot fashion on a single SATA drive before I reattach my data drives. Been doing alot of research on the multiboot but cant quite figure out how to hide the other 2 partions on the same drive.

Any help will be welcome, Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.