OS Selector install

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by philosopher1104, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philosopher1104

philosopher1104 Registered Member

I just installed OS Selector from the Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 CD by booting into it. The install seemed to go okay, but now whenever I reboot, I cannot get access to my OS. I get the first screen which gives me the options to ESC (go to menu) or F6 (bypass the menu), but choosing either one of those, or just letting it go on its own, I immediately get a screen that says "Processing, please wait..." where it stays forever! In other words, I can no longer boot into my computer. I currently have just one OS newly installed (XP Pro SP2), on a RAID 1, and two other drives (1 SATA, 1 IDE). I have one Linux formatted partition, and the others are NTFS (except one small FAT32 for pagefile). I was planning on installing Linus once I got the OS Selector up and running. I tried to put the Acronis boot disc back in, and it starts to spin up, the Acronis loader message displays, but then goes back to the ESC & F6 options, followed by the "Processing, please wait..." message. I have tried changing the boot options in the BIOS, all to no avail. Can anyone please offer some help?

2. philosopher1104

philosopher1104 Registered Member

Okay, I kept trying different combinations in the BIOS (I have IDE CD-RW & SCSI DVD-ROM drives), and the Acronis Installation disk and a bootable disc I had made from within Windows, and with the bootable disc, I was able to get back into the Disk Director Suite menu using the SCSI drive. I tried to repair the OS Selector, but even though it said it installed okay, the problem was not corrected. Next I tried the activate it, and that did not work either. I finally uninstalled the OS Selector and was able to get back into Windows. When I tried to install the OS Selector from within Windows, during its analysis of the partitions, it was locating the various partitions (C:, D:, E:) and then it had one named "4-1." Needless to say, I have no such partition. After reading that, the installation failed. So, I still cannot get the OS Selector to install, and booting into Disk Director from CD media is problematic - sometimes it works, sometimes not, and different drives also seem to make some strange difference. Any ideas?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello philosopher1104,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report.txt file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.