OS Selector can't see 2nd OS

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Lyle Schilke, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyle Schilke

Lyle Schilke Registered Member

I have XP home installed on my c: drive, which is a sata drive on a raid controller, but not in a raid configuration. I want to install xp pro on a drive on PRI/MST (now the J: drive) and be able to selectively boot from either drive. (I am using Disk Director Suite 10). This is what I have done to this point:

1. Made the J: drive active. c: is still active.

2. Inserted the xp pro cd in the drive and booted from it from the OS Selector.

3. Xp pro files are copied to the j: drive and I am instructed to reboot.

Os Selector only has the option of booting from xp home (c:) or floppy. How do I complete the install of xp pro and get this to work? I have tried different boot orders in the bios but no luck.

Thanks,

Lyle

2. QueenGeek

QueenGeek Registered Member

I don't know if this will help, but I had a similar problem where the O/S selector didn't see both O/S (although mine were installed differently.) I deleted the O/S selector and then reinstalled and let it autodetect. It found both O/Ss on the reinstall.

3. Lyle Schilke

Lyle Schilke Registered Member

Thanks QueenGeek,

Re-installing OS Selector did the trick. I really appreciate the reply.

Thanks again!!!

Lyle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.