OS selector cannot start

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by basil, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basil

basil Guest

Hello, after installing the Suite and OS selector I get following message:
    'OS Selector cannot find nescesarry configuration files. Please reinstall OS Selector." I am trying to boot the master at IDE 0
    If I boot the DOS version of OS Selector from diskette, at the end I have to fill in the serial number, it stays grayed out and I cannot start the prog.
    How could I reiinstall or remove OS Selector so that I'll be able to boot from IDE 0 o_O

I am using 2 different copies of XP (installed on different disks: one on IDE 0 and the other on a RAID system (chip on MB)). I am able to boot from RAID, but need to boot from IDE 0 (where OS Selector is installed)

Thank you!

2. basilio

basilio Registered Member

Hello,
    I did run the MBR Autowrite and everything seems normal again, without OS Selector, though...

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello basilio,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

Could you please let me know the build number of Acronis OS Selector? Also please try to install it once again and if the problem persists please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.