OS Selector Boot Lockup

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by JohnRivers, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnRivers

JohnRivers Registered Member

Just installed OS Selector and I can't get it to work. Upon bootup it gets to the screen that says "Processing, please wait..." and locks up. I left it up for nearly an hour just to make sure it was indeed locked up. When I use the boot disk it states that I can not disable OS Selector because it doesn't detect an OS, however I can uninstall it fine and Windows will boot. I disabled USB legacy support and I'm not using any USB devices.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

My system is:
    Windows XP x64 Pro
    Super Micro H8DCE MB
    Dual Opteron 265
    4GB Ram
    Sapphire x1600 Pro
    2x320 WD in RAID 0 Nvidia
    1x160 SG(For future OS install when OS Selector works)

2. annemail7

annemail7 Registered Member

You may try reinstalling it a second time. Something might have gone wrong the first time you installed it.

3. JohnRivers

No, I'm afraid that did not help. I have, in fact uninstalled and reinstalled 4-5 times now. It locks up a fraction of a second after the "Processing, please wait..." screen comes up, its just enough time to move the mouse.

4. TinBox

TinBox Registered Member

I believe that is it's normal method of working if you are one of the unlucky ones. Try rebooting from an Acronis DD recovery CD (if you made one) and see if you can uninstall it.

It's an utter nightmare to get working right and frankly I've never managed but I wish you well...

5. tarzipan

tarzipan Registered Member

Hi
    I've got the same problem, I found out that without RAID OSS is working fine. So, OSS doesn't support RAID NVIDIA?

greets
    tarzipan

Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  6. JohnRivers

Great....

Any ideas on another option? One that is known to work with RAID?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.