OS Selector 9 and GRUB

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by joshua197, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshua197

joshua197 Guest

I have Windows XP Pro on my first hard disk and have installed Fedora Core 3 Linux on my second.
    Windows boots fine through OS Selector.
    When installing Fedora, I made that the bootloader was installed to the second hard disk rather than the MBR.
    When I rebooted, sure enough Linux appears as an icon on the OS Selector menu. However, when you click it, the screen clears and you get 'GRUB' in the upper left corner, together with a flashing cursor. The machine stays in this state until you reboot.
    Obviously, OS Selector is seeing Linux fine. But something is obviously wrong. Installing LILO as the bootloader is not an option, as it is not offered during installation and has been deprecated by the Fedora team.

Anyone any ideas about this?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello joshua197,

Thank you for using Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

Could you please do the following?

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Please indicate in your request that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva and also provide a link to this thread.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.