Ordering from TigerDirect

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LenC, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Am having a difficult time with them - trying to get a rebate check. It was my first (and apparently last) order from them. I had heard good things about them, so I am really disappointed - sleezy phone reps etc.

Has anyone else had such problems?

2. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

One time I had a mail-in rebate that seemed to not work out for me.
    And yes, phone calls and emails didn't satisfy me.
    Tigerdirect did work on the problem with the rebate funding company and after a long time it got solved and I received the check in the mail.

All I can say is: be patient, my experience is that Tigerdirect takes it's business serious and sometimes events are not in their control.

3. norky

norky Registered Member

the other day i saw that some rebate processing place was going belly up. maybe that's what happened. tigerdirect owns compusa now so they arent completely sketchy.

4. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Yes, the company that filed for bankruptcy is Continental Promotions Group (rebatestatus.com). I read about it here. http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=40&threadid=2248708

There are a lot of checks bouncing right now and some manufacturers are scrambling to find another processing company. I'm not sure if this is the OP's problem or not.

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I have had a heck of a time with rebates in general lately, not related to Tiger, but 2 out of 3 recent rebates never showed up or got processed for all I know. Got 1, that's it. Things seem to be doing downhill.....

7. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Many times the company the item is purchased from, TD in this instance, has little or nothing to do with the rebate. This is usually stated some where in the info. about the item being purchased.

Having said that, I quit dealing with them many years ago. There was what seemed to be a big turn over in phone personal and it just went down hill from there.

8. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

I had a friend that went through the same thing a few years ago after buying ram.He was suppose to get a rebate and they kept asking for a code from the package.He gave them every one he could find on ito_O and none of them worked for him.He learned a lesson from this and it was either the code wasn't on the package or this was false advertising.I was thinking i'll never talk anyone into buying items from them no more:blink:

9. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Rebates aren't what they used to be:D

I think you have to buy based on a non-rebate price and then consider it a bonus if the rebate comes through.

But no more TigerDirect for me - not that they would care a whole lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.