Option A or B

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Jimbob1989, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

OK, I'm trying to decide between 2 options and wanted some peoples opinions.

Option A

ZoneAlarm Security Suite Pro version:5.5.062.004 & PeerGuardian v1.99

PeerGuardian v1.99 is a little utility which blocks IP addresses belonging to Government agencies, spyware users, anti P2P groups and so on. Zone alarm is a reasonably decent firewall which I like the feel of however I dont seem to be able to import the blocking list from PeerGuardian v1.99 into Zone alarm, so I would have to have the two runing together.

Option B

Outpost Firewall Pro which I can import the blocking list from PeerGuardian using, however I don't like the feel of the program so much. But I wouldn't have to have 2 firewalls running at once which could cause problems for each other.

Note: The PeerGuardian has actually proved to be a usefulll tool and picked up something not long after entering a p2p service.

Jimbob

2. Jimbob1989

Actually just noticed something. If I visit the FBI's website, it gives me a notice as well as if they try and connect to me, unless they are scanning me. I seem to be able to have the 2 programs running together ok but still would prefer a little advice first.

Jimbob

3. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

You REALLY are going to have to get OUT more Jim.....I think your getting whats called 'Cabin Fever'....... :p

Just thinking of your welfare Mate......

Cochise, :cool:

4. Jimbob1989

Im getting frustrated. I'm trying to import a xml file into Zone Alarm pro and I get an error message saying

Jimbob

5. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

"The name's Bob........James Bob", "and I'll take that martini shaken......not stirred!" :D :D
    http://www.nrk.no/img/344928.jpeg

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

im going to get an IRC program and im also going to get an on-the-fly HD encryption program too and a few other things. but, i was looking at IP blocking programs and there's one which use less CPU and memory then a FW can because it works at the driver level, it looks like its the driver which does all the work of blocking and allowing packets. the link is below. if you are going to be blocking lots of addresses, it looks like the best option.
    http://www.bluetack.co.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2

7. Jimbob1989

Come, I look a lot more stylish :D

Jimbob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.