Optimized & Securest KAV Settings

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by MikeNAS, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Hello!

I just installed KAV on my wife's laptop. No I need to set it with most securest and optimized settings. Maybe you ask why?! Reason for that is I have to repair her computer all the time and I don't like it so much. Settings should be prompt free or as minimal prompts as possible. Securest... you know what I want.

Thanks for help!

-MikeNAS

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

3. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

they where posted by someone who posts on the kaspersky forum and they are good settings and dont need much interaction.

5. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

For optimal settings, from what I have been told, the default settings are optimal, in other words once you download the AV you are set for protection.
    Read this thread http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=21647 and check out post # 7 (this is by Dr.Tweak, same thing that was just posted above), it can give you some idea of what to do.
    Later on you can adjust your settings to what ever you feel more comfortable with, for one instance some people have problems using the WEB AV part of KAV and others dont.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  6. mnosteele

mnosteele Registered Member

Hi MikeNAS:), I'm Dr Tweak and those settings I recommend on my forum are what I use for all of my clients and have never had a single issue. They also sound perfect for your situation with little or no user interaction, hopefully they will help you out.

:D :cool:

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The only exception to those settings would be the block with the delete option. Should there be a false positive, deleting something could reek havoc. OTOH if it has worked for your clients, good.

8. mnosteele

mnosteele Registered Member

KAV backs up all files it removes so if it were a false positive you can easily restore it.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.