OPSS and the Paging File

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by whitedragon551, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

After installing Outpost Pro Security Suite from GAOTD I get an error from my paging file at boot up.

It didnt start until I installed OPSS. What settings do I need to disable or modify to allow the creation of a page file? Even if I turn off a page file I still get the error.

2. horch

horch Registered Member

what kind of error message do you get?

i have a problem that may be related. i get a bluescreen when the sandbox-driver is disabled and the pagefile resides on a ram-drive. this could be related to outposts service-configuration in the registry, maybe some changes in "ServiceGroupOrder" or "GroupOrderList", but i never found a olution.
    the sandbox.sys-driver intercepts nearly everything, its installation/configuration could be the source of your/my problems.

3. whitedragon551

I have attached an image of my error. This happens when I boot up or when I try to change pagefile options.

Attached Files:

4. guest

guest Guest

5. whitedragon551

This doesnt matter. Outpost is stopping access to it somehow and the OS thinks it doesnt have one so it creates a temporary one. The pagefile itself is fine. I need to figure out how to stop this from happening within OPSS.

6. guest

guest Guest

Start the computer in safe mode configure again the pagefile, open outpost delete all the rules (reset), put it in training mode, and start the computer in the normal mode.

7. whitedragon551

Its already been in training mode.

8. horch

horch Registered Member

could you delete the sandbox.sys driver (temporarily, make an archive or move it out of the drivers directory) and reboot?

9. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ whitedragon551

I know you'ld like to find out the reason, but why not disable your PF ? If you have enough RAM you don't Actually need one. I've been without one since 98SE days with NO probs :thumb:

10. whitedragon551

Because it still does it without it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.