Opinions wanted on Cyberhawk

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by duke1959, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Someone from this forum told me for peace of mind, using Cyberhawk may not be a bad idea. I trust this persons opinion, but it made me curious as to what other Wilders Forum users think about this Program. I've heard good and not so good things about it, but like having it on board. I'm currently using ZA Free and AVG Anti-Malware, but was thinking of uninstalling the Spyware Component and just using Cyberhawk with them. My thinking is that although an AS probably isn't needed with Firefox and NoScript, a Behavior Blocker like CH may be at some point in time. I'm just wondering what anyone else thinks about this, and what your opinions are about Cyberhawk?

2. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I've been using the current version for about a month and am very happy with it. It's only popped up a warning a couple of times in that month; both time when I downloaded programs and went to open them for the first time.

It's light on my system, hasn't caused me a bit of trouble and, if the above is an indication, is doing its job.

I run Bufferzone also, which might be why I haven't seen CH do more. I don't know. CyberHawk, Avast, and Bufferzone make up my security. My browser, protected by Bufferzone, is IE6.

3. ggf31416

ggf31416 Registered Member

1) Download and Install Cyberhawk
    2) Download Advanced Process Termination from http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=apt
    3) Open APT and kill both cyberhawk processes with Kernel Kill 1 :eek:
    4) Run the Spycar test...

4. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I have installed CH in the past, and know what the results of the Spycar Test were with CH. (Not that bad) I haven't however, tried the termination test, but have heard CH can be. Want to clue me in ggf31416? LOL

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  5. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

My own opinion of CyberHawk is fallen several steps down the ladder from where they used to be near the top. I simply do not know why they took an excellent safety interceptor/terminator in early beta stages and proceeded to unbalance it to the point of creating more issues for users than they deserve.
    Apparently in their haste to commercialize it they lost focus of it's previous capabilities and user control in exchange for problems that many weigh in as either being too unstable or heavy enough to slow down their systems.

They have to find a way to return to it's former designation or at least release a freeware version of an earlier beta that most end users became accustomed to depending on for at least acceptable results.

As is, it turns my attention to other available and reliable HIPS that try to keep a balance of fine tuning to customers satisfaction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.