Opinions on Virtual Flash Drive?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by pajenn, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

It creates a virtual password protected flash drive. You can put private files in it like with a regular flash drive, and then eject it from system tray or from the program's console.

It seems like a nice little app to me although not free, but I'm still new to encryption programs so I'm curious how it's seen on Wilders?

2. hierophant

hierophant Registered Member

TrueCrypt would be a safer bet, IMHO.

3. chiraldude

chiraldude Registered Member

I took a look at "Virtual Flash Drive" and it doesn't make any sense. Appears to function similarly to TrueCrypt but claims high security through DES encryption.
    Who in their right mind would pay for encryption from someone that claims DES is "Maximum" encryption. I sure wouldn't trust them.
    TrueCrypt is free, open source, and allows you to choose from AES, TwoFish, Serpent, or a cascade of these.

4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Ridiculous. Surely they're using Triple-DES, which is still a quality algorithm, but instead of all the others available, it makes no sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.