Opinions of www.experts-exchange.com

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Birdysx, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdysx

Birdysx Registered Member

Below is a block of text that they are using to get attention on the search engines. I have the same question what are your feelings on that?

Sunray,
    After installing spyblaster I noticed that when I ran spy bot search and destroy it said the spyblaster was a copy of spybot search and destroy,"do not use spyblaster software" What are your thoughts on this ? d_may

Accepted Answer from sunray_2003
    Date: 11/22/2003 01:22PM PST
    Accepted Answer

Hmm.. I donot think I have faced this issue... Just run spybot , Ad-aware, Trojan remover and Hijackthis .. these would itself help you remove all spywares.. I just had collected that list and hence gave those

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Javacool is the author is Spywareblaster, not Spyblaster. Spyblaster is from some "noadsoftware" which has a pretty fishy looking site, IMHO. Check them out via Google.

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I've suspected for a while that Spyblaster and its people like to play borderline-ethical games.

I've been fairly active at the avast (A-V) forums for a while, and SG and SB were recommended to me by friends there, who neglected to give me an address to take a look at them and download.

So I did a DogPile seach, and there they were (apparently) right at the top. But when I clicked on the link, it took me to the Spyblaster site. Fortunately I noticed it didn't look right before I downloaded, although I did accept several of their cookies (which I've since deleted and blocked).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.