Opinions - Enterprise Level AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bcampbell, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcampbell

bcampbell Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm new so be gentle! But have been brought here to find out out your opinions on anti virus software for enterprise level networks. Not that I'm saying a 500 or so users but multi domains, exchange servers, SQL, remote monitoring, deployment and scanning are important. I am put off Symantec which I have been using for years for two reasons - cost and that I find it harder to purchase and relicence than to install and maintain. I am currently evaluating NOD 32 which in the 15 mins thats I have installed on my test server I'm reasonably impressed with so far - certainly faster and easier to use and install than symantec however I feel that only time will tell. I certainly haven't found any remote deployment, scanning and update features so far but as I said I'm new! But given I want to purchase by Tuesday time isn't something I have - so to all you folks out there reading this the question is - what are your opinions?

2. ravin

ravin Registered Member

take a look at trend micro's line of enterprise and corporate editions. lots of options remote installs - cisco trust agents to make sure infected machines don't log into servers + damage control cleanup templates to restore machines after infections.

3. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

At our office, we've been using F-Secure AntiVirus Client Security v6 for over 3 months and it is a truly excellent industrial-strength security suite (FW + AV + AS). You can read all about it here...

http://www.f-secure.com/products/anti-virus/fsavcs/

Btw, it does provide for centralized management and can be remotely installed, configured and monitored from one central location. The client configuration can also be locked to ensure retention of the organization's security settings!

As long as your PCs (workstations) are all P4s and have sufficient ram, I have no reservations in highly recommending it.

~pv

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  4. ravin

ravin Registered Member

a little off the post but important... put yourself behind a big firewall.. programmable is best. take a look at the watchguard line. stop'em at the wall first and you'll have less headaches. :cool:

5. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

Check also this.

http://solutions.drweb.com/business/esuite/

In my home use I've tried over 10 different av-solutions and always came back to the Old Good Doctor, very robust av with reasonable unpacking skills and the link checker is a good plus too.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

6. bcampbell

bcampbell Registered Member

Have went with NOD32. Tested - impressed and is about half the price of Symantec. Need I say more.

7. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I love the RA console the enterprise version of NOD32 comes with. Very...VERY strong in features. Creating various custom configs for maintaing clients, doing push installs, even detecting unprotected machines on the network. Your choice of doing UNC path updates or http updates from the "mirror" which the main NOD32 server runs to update all clients.

I come from a long background of using Symantecs Corp Edition for my clients, but once the bloated version 10 came out, combined with the pain in the butt licensing and expense, I switched over to NOD32 over a year ago, all my new network installs use NOD32, and I'm "one by one" switching over my existing clients from Symantec to NOD32 as their Symantec expires.

Contact an Eset rep and give the NOD32 Ent Edition with RA a trial run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.