opfw v. 2060?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by guest, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

with outpost fw, during the manual update process, a pop-up asked whether i wanted to upgrade to version 2060 (minor update, i guess). anybody knows anything about this update? is this a beta version? cuz, on agnitum's site, the version number doesn't match the one provided by the update. thanks in adv.

2. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

guest, This is the current
    version out
    Version: 6.5.3 (2518.381.0686)
    If you are getting that message its a gremlin
    Can you post what version you have installed at the
    moment? and where you downloaded it from?
    thanks
    p.s you would not being a notice of BETA version
    because that is only available through the BETA website

3. Manny Carvalho

Manny Carvalho Registered Member

Can you post a screen shot please? The latest version is 2518 so anything requesting an update to anything else is suspect. Going to 2060 would be a big step backward. I don't think there is a 2060 version but if there was it would have been released in late 2007. Something odd is going on for sure.

A screenshot would be very useful.

http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/index.php

4. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

Manny,I was just recommending to him that he head over to the agnitum forums and ask for your help :D

It doesn't seem to make sense, you'd think that either he had a bad installer, or his system was infected with some sort of malware. But since he has ascertained that his system is free of malware, and he's tried multiple installers from different reputable sources, both those bases are covered.

I've only seen one post relevant to this at the agnitum forums:
    http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23880&highlight=2060&page=2 about halfway down.

dns?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.