Operation Interrupted during Partition resize...

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by grynder, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grynder

grynder Registered Member

So I was going to make one of my drives (1TB) which was split into 2 and conjoin them (One segment being blank, the other with video files on it). It required a reboot to run in boot-time mode.

Okay.

It gave me an estimated time of 35 minutes, so I went off for 40 minutes to do something else. When I came back to my computer there were still 26 minutes left and it was completely frozen. I wasn't sure what to do, so I left it for a while longer while I went out to run some errands. I came back to find it hadn't moved at all. What else could I do but restart and hope for the best?

The best did not come. I hit that brick wall, Operation interrupted. I tried using my Win7 disk to find any problems, but it didn't.

Here's what bugs me though - This operation had to do with my F drive. Yeah. Why is it stopping me from booting from my C: drive?

I'd try and upload my .LOG file to get a ticket but I can't get to it. What else could I do?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Use the Paragon boot disc to complete the operation.

Alternatively , on the boot disc - rt click the HD (not a partition ) and select update mbr and click Apply.

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Grynder,

If you haven't created a recovery disk, you'll need it. From a working computer, install the program, go to Tools > recovery media builder and create the CD.

Boot your system to it and view what your partitions look like. Have the partitions changed? Stayed the same? If the CD tells you that there's unfinished operations, you need to let it finish.

For your reference, if you are resizing 1 TB of data, it can take up to 10 hours or even overnight depending how much data you have. Just estimate how long it would take to move 100GB or 200GB or X amount of GB of data that you have.

If I understand correctly, you are trying to merge 2 partitions into one? Does your first partition have enough room for both of your data? If so you can try copying all of your data to the first hard drive, delete the 2nd partition, and extend the first partition. This takes a lot less time and fewer margin of errors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.