Operation Has Completed With Errors

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by galleherjazz, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galleherjazz

galleherjazz Registered Member

In my newly installed version 10 of Acronis True Image, I get the prompt at the conclusion of what appears to be a smooth transfer, "Operation has completed with errors. Please see log for more details."

What's going on. This happens whether I try to back up my entire system or only a small folder.

I have no clue as to why this is happening.

Attached is a screen shot of the log.

Can someone help me?

Steve

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Erm your screenshot seems to be lurking in cyberspace somewhere.

Could you give a bit more information please?

Are you using an external or internal drive to backup/image to? What type of drive S-ata, Firewire or IDE?

Are you trying to make an image or just a backup?

If using backup places are you using the default file name, there is a bug with this, and if so you need to rename the default 'backup.tib' to something else.

What compression level are you using?

Do you have one of these core duo motherboards.

Have you tried making a rescue CD (suggest a RW one at first) and if so, what happens if you make an image/backup from that?

Do you in fact despite the error actuall end up with a tib file?

Colin

3. gawade1

gawade1 Registered Member

As a new user I had what seems to be the same problem as you when doing an incremental backup in a Scheduled Task. I had set the task to back up to the original .tib file. The "error" was that the datafile backup would have erased my original drive image. By changing the backup to my "Backup Location" instead of the .tib file, it worked as expected.

From page 15 of the TI10 Users Guide: "When creating a backup task, be sure to select the backup location from the Backup Locations list, near the top of the directory tree. Doing so will enable the above processing of backups. If you select a backup location as a normal folder, the processing will not be performed."

Hope this helps.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.