Operation Failed

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Green Lantern, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Registered Member

I heard about Paragon about a month ago and decided to give it a try. I downloaded the Free Version 10 and I was initially very impressed. Actually using the product has been something else as there seems to be an endless variety of small problems that make it a pain to actually operate. Scheduling doesn't work or doesn't work well. I have it scheduled to run every Sunday at 10.00h. Yesterday at 10.00h off it went. I thought, "that's great." Today at 10.00h it started backing up again. I figured, "who cares." When it finished about 30 minutes later I tried to open Paragon's main application to see what it did and WHY it ran again. I got the blue Paragon splash screen for a few seconds and then a little window appeard telling me "Operation Failed" (see attached .png). I figured, maybe something with the USB port. So I rebooted. It didn't help. I can't open the application anymore. Keep getting that error message. Does anyone know what the deal is here?

My system is Windows 7, 64 bit.

Thanks. GL

Attached Files:

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Could you please expand 'More options' and post error code and source.

3. Green Lantern

Here is the expanded window that you requested.

Incidentally, I uninstalled and reinstalled the application. It made no difference. I shut off my firewall just in case, no difference.

Thank you for your interest.

GL

Attached Files:

4. Mech_An

To fix Error "0x 1000002" please do the following:
    1) Find archive_db folder on your Local Disk (usually C:\archive_db)
    2) Delete this folder
    Please note that this operation will delete all entries from Archive Database in Archives tab (archive files will stay intact), but you can add all archives back manually from Paragon program

5. Green Lantern

@ Mechanical Animal

Thank you. Your suggestion worked like a charm!

The product has nice features when it works. I've been in the IT industry since 1990, worked with RDBMS, tools, Datawarehouse, etc. I can operate most user friendly software. I don't know if it's just the free version, but things just haven't been simple. And it begs the question, what would happen if I lost a disk and really needed to use the application to recover my data and there were issues.

Do you have any idea why the archive db got corrupted? Is this a frequent issue?

GL

6. Mech_An

Green Lantern,

In general, B&R10 Free is quite simple and Wizards help to perform backup/restore operations.
    There is user manual for this program which contains common scenarios (http://www.paragon-software.com/export/sites/paragonsoftware.com/docs/BR10.2Free_en310510m.pdf)
    Hope it will be useful.

Issue with arch_db folder appears sometimes, but not very often. Unfortunately, it's really hard to localize the reason. As far as I know, Paragon team already works on it.

7. Green Lantern

Thank you MA. Basically, I like the product too.

I have the manual already (in English), by the way. It could use a going over by someone who speaks perfect English and perfect German, such as myself. It's a bit hard to understand. If you have any connection to Paragon you could let them know that I have been (amongst other things) a professional translator and would be willing to briefly site read and correct their English manual. For free. I would need the German original to do so. GL

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

LOL. I already raised the English language issue.

Some of them are quite cute . One of my favourites is "naughty problem ".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.