Operation Failed / Operation Completed with Errors

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bodhidharma74, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodhidharma74

bodhidharma74 Registered Member

I have recently upgraded from TrueImage 11 to TrueImage 2009, and I didn't encounter this problem with the previous version

Firstly, I can successfully create a full backup of my system.

The problem occurs when I run a subsequent backup, either an Incremental or Differential.

I also select, Ignore bad sectors, Do not show messages and dialogs while processing (silent mode) and Validate backup.

At the end of its run a dialog box always appears saying, "Operation Failed".

And the logs say, "Operation completed with errors".

There is plenty of room on my backup harddrive, and I have also got the latest release of TrueImage 2009 installed. I also have the latest MS patches and my hard drives are not corrupt.

Any one else have the same issue?

Is there a solution?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  2. KFrie

KFrie Registered Member

I am receiving the same message and similar problem.
    To bad no one has come forward with a solution
    If you have solved this could you let me know

Thanks,
    KFrie

3. beckygb

beckygb Registered Member

i am also having the same problem. Does anyone have a solution? i am using Vista Ultimate with out SP1.
    Becky

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Could one or all of you perhaps post the error messages from the log as that would be most helpful.

One thing that springs to mind is check that; 1. When making the schedule, you chose INC or DIFF as the type - TI will automatically make a FULL and then subsequently make INC/DIFF's.

2. If you have manually made the INC/DIFF tasks that they also point to the same backup place as the full - TI2009 has a gotcha in that occasionally it will try to image or backup an INC/DIFF to the default backup place which is a folder in your My_Documents Folder, it is possible for TI to run out of imaging space on some systems and you will get the error messages you ahve received. Check in you documents folder for the My Backups folder, and see if there are any tib files lurking, or better still have this folder open and try and make an image, you'll soon know if TI is trying to place the image here.

Colin

5. beckygb

beckygb Registered Member

I saw a suggestion on another thread that worked. I started the install program for ATI 2009. It gives you the choice of Modify, Repair, or Uninstall; choose Repair. After running Repair the ATI 2009 works fine. When running a backup have patience as it takes awhile for the estimated time and the green progress line to show.
    Previously I had tried uninstalling ATI 2009; and reinstalling the program, but that didn’t help.

Becky

6. pahoo31

pahoo31 Registered Member

You may want to look in ti options and make sure priorities are set to "normal". I had mine set on low and this would also throw me the error message when ti switched to low. I assume this option is still available in 2009 as i still use 9 which has never failed me when i did my part.

7. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

I cant see reading this thread if the backups were done manually in Windows or in windows using a scheduled task, or if they were done using a boot disk.

Try doing an incremental backup using the boot disk. Put the incremental file in the same location as your full backup.

8. garuda

garuda Registered Member

bodhidharma74,

I tried to PM you, but the returned message stated: "unavailable".

garuda

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat

Attach log file to support request:

- Start Acronis True Image;
    - Select Tools -> Show log;
    - Choose the log entry which contains errors;
    - Click on the diskette icon, choose the location (folder) and save there;
    - Send us the log.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.