Operation Completed With Errors - Observations and a "fix"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FredAE, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredAE

FredAE Registered Member

This thread is an extension of this thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=99487

I am creating a new thread as this is true for all versions of ATI up to 2277 (latest version), the older thread only said version 2259.

I read on another thread (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=100458) about a difference between saving the image on a network drive vs. a DVD. I thought I should perform the same experiment. I used another disk partition rather than a network drive however. Interestingly enough, it made a difference.

When I run ATI (versions 2270 through 2277) and save the result to a DVD I always get the error “Operation has completed with errors” at the end. From the log file:
    <event code="5" id="11" message="Operation has completed with errors." module="100" time="1128478494" type="4" />

This is true on 3 different systems. All have different DVD writers, all are XP, Service Pack 2 with all the updates. On the system I tried today, I wrote the disk image to a different partition, and I received NO errors. When I wrote to the DVD directly, the error returned. There are other differences.

1) When I wrote to the disk partition, ATI checked the archive (I had that box checked). When ATI writes to the DVD it does NOT check the archive (at least not that I could see). Is the error due to the fact that it did not check the archive? This is true if the image of the disk can fit on one DVD or two DVD’s.

2) The messages when writing to multiple DVD’s is misleading. After the first DVD is written and it wants another, a message appears saying to insert the FIRST CD/DVD, where it really wants the NEXT CD/DVD. One of the boxes says both First and Next in the same box when it wants another CD/DVD.

Hope this helps support to track down and get rid of the error.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello FredAE,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, it is true that Check Image tool works even if the image is splitted over several CDs or DVDs. We do appreciate your investigation and have forwarded it to our Testing Lab where we will try to reproduce the error. This will certainly allow us to find a solution for the problem sooner.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Technic

Technic Registered Member

@fredae

You mean that TI 9.0 build 2277 wont check created DVD's (images) automatically? Manual checking works though (tested). I have not tried auto check. I have no problems creating back up image to several DVD-RW's (2-3).
    And that's the big deal. :D I dunno about restore, yet.

I think i missed something in your post...

Cheers,

Technic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.