"Operation Aborted" over and over....

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by daniel2007, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daniel2007

daniel2007 Registered Member

Hello,

Sometime last month i started experiencing the following:
    Whether trying to read an article or access the site directly, a window pop's up with the following message:

"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,..asp Operation Aborted."

I have to close the pop-up window and the whole page turns into a blank page with "This program is unable to display the webpage."

Done, nothing else can be done. Strangely, this only happens on Extremetech, PCMag, and PCMag Security Notes - basically just ZD sites. I've tested and tested, scanned hd and registry, etc., but can't seem to find a common cause. I can't even logon to DEselect and stop receiving their email notices ! !

Also, i've tried three different browsers - always the same results. There's nothing in hosts file either.

One breakthrough: it seems that if the page address ends with *.aspx then i can read and even move around in the archives (*.asp = new material; *.aspx = mostly archived text forums).

Today i started doing packet captures when trying to access a few news items but haven't found the exact matching packet conversation yet.

***Any*** suggestions and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    ~daniel~

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Just wondered if you are still using IE7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927917

There seem to be a couple of Workarounds on that page if you are.

Also try disabling all IE addons then add then back one at a time.

3. daniel2007

daniel2007 Registered Member

stapp,

yes. i just checked and i have ie7.

let me look at this article and i'll post a.s.a.p.

thanks,

~d~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.