Operating System Invalid!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Kiwi1, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiwi1

Kiwi1 Registered Member

OK I'm finally sick of this. I have a work laptop and for the 4th time now the acronis system has cost me 6 hrs. Had changed the SSID on my router and the wireless printer would not connect so stuffed around with that for a bit. It would not print my test page so i went and rebooted the laptop. Then the problems started again...I think it my be the HP printer updates but i dont care really as I am sick of having to waste time with this accronis stuff until I can get to work for the IT dept to come in and then fix it in 10 minutes just because I dont have a good MBR or recovery for XP.

At the start I was getting the:
    acronis loading
    press ESC for menu (DOES NOTHING)
    press F6 to skip (DOES NOTHING)

Used the forums and tried several things there. Eventually found an ISO for the MBR fix and ran that now in the stage of OPERATING SYSTEM INVALID!

I have a utility boot CD called BART PE so can get onto the Laptop through this but would not know what to do from here just to get this up in WINDOWS to bootup so I can get some work done.

I have moved the Bootwiz into another directory. have moved the bootwiz.sys file into another ditectory also. the boot.ini is in the c:drive

I can get the IT team to put in a disk in the morning at about 11:00 once they get to it but all I need to know is a way I can just go back to using WINDOWS when I need to without the recovery disko_Oo_O

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Kiwi,

In order to get the support assistance you desire....is this thread in the right Forum :doubt:

Also....I have closed the duplicate thread you started in the ATI forum.

Bubba

3. Kiwi1

Kiwi1 Registered Member

Only on the correct form if Acronis can help really wouldnt you say?

4. Kiwi1

Kiwi1 Registered Member

How long do you have to wait for support on 1 thread? Can Ask some other questions on another thread?

5. Kiwi1

Kiwi1 Registered Member

Application failed to start because snapapi.dll

I am able to get into my system with Barts PE toos. I have tried to run the OS_Selector but it will not start without the snapapi.dll

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

As I attempted to find out via PM....We are attempting to determine from your problem description if this concerns Acronis True Image or Acronis Disk Director Suite or some other Acronis product. So no....We want be just throwing a thread up anywhere in attempt to receive assistance....We will be placing the thread in the forum according to which Acronis product your matter concerns.

Bubba

7. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Kiwi1,

It would be very helpful to slow down and fully describe the problems you are experiencing in one thread. Spreading the information all over the place is the best way to cause additional confusion.

Depending on how you network hardware is setup, changing the SSID of your router may have been a neutral event or a bad thing with respect to print operations. What wireless printer and router do you use?

As Bubba has asked, which Acronis product is in question here and how does it relate at all to your printer problems? I assume that you have the Acronis Disk Director OS Selector installed and that is causing problems at the moment. Moving bootwiz and bootwiz.sys around is a very bad idea, as is fiddling with boot.ini unless you know what you are doing and can work through catastrophic failures on your own.

Bart PE allows you to boot form the CD, it's just like another boot partition on the system.

My personal recommendation,especially if this is a work laptop, is to wait for tomorrow and have the local IT experts handle it. There's too much chance of an unrecoverable event occurring given the steps already taken.

Blue

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

1 rant removed. The best way forward is to reply to Blue's post.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kiwi1,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Software.

Could you please do as BlueZannetti has suggested and provide us with the more detailed information on the problem you experience?

- What exact Acronis product do you use?

Please let us know the exact version name and build number which can be found either by going to Help -> About... menu accessible via the main program Window or by right-clicking on the product installation file in Windows Explorer, going to it's Properties and then looking through Version tab.

- What operating system is installed on your computer?

- What exactly are you trying to achieve with the help of the Acronis product that you use?

- What exactly has caused the operating system to become non-bootable? How is it related to Acronis software?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.