Operating System Cost?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Cochise, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

On the subject of Computers.......What in your estimation is the least one would have to spend to have something of consequence (Without talking silly money) including Printers and Scanners......and what is the most you ever paid and what did you get for that?......Don't be shy.....your Wives or Husbands will never get to know from me what you spent.. :D :D :D

Cochise, :cool:

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I assume you're talking about new but inexpensive, rather than second-hand -- obviously the latter will (or at least should) change pricing drastically.

My last two systems each ran about $800 Cdn plus taxes. The more recent one's just about bottom of the line (actually not even that any more), a Celeron 2.2 ghz w/256 megs ram and a 40 gig drive. I specifically went to my service shop for this one, since they're an OEM and I've been dealing with them for nearly 20 years and have been quite happy with their service. And of course if there's problems, they're just a local phone call and/or quick taxi ride from here.

The previous one, about 4 or 5 years older, was about the same price and also from a local (but different) dealer, an AMD K6-3D/300. On that one the mobo died of old age last fall, and since I pretty much live on the computer, I had to hit Visa for this one.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The last comp I owned had a problem the warranty techs couldn't figure out. It was a $749.00 machine 80 gig Hdd 512 ram extreme graphics and so on. To make up for not being able to find the problem they upgraded me to a really killer comp $1497.00. Of course I was on their back side twice a day. 1024 megs ram 120gig Hdd P4 2.5 proc. custom sound and video card three cooling fans. this model had not been released for retail sale at the time. The only thing it didn't have was a dvd burner but they are getting cheap now. I really love my computer. :-* ;)

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

You don't really wanna know what went into my primary machine here, do ya o_O

It's almost scary to be honest :eek:

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

You LUCKY *puppy* :D :D

Cochise, :cool:

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

One of the few times I actually came out ahead :D ;) I will definatly get my next pc from them also.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.