Opera wants its fanboys to unite against evil

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by elapsed, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

http://my.opera.com/chooseopera/blog/2010/10/11/why-its-important-to-comment-for-opera

Please forgive me if I'm the only one that finds this humorous. I apologize.

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

LOL, we have enough fanboys around!!! :rolleyes:

3. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

I'm confused.
    I thought 'fanboys' were evil.

4. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

About the original topic, I don't see any harm in ensuring people know the 'facts' about a program. Little 'cheesy', but they need to rally support as too often the 'experts' dismiss a product, something they've probably never used, or not used for longer than 5 minutes.

Kind of like the LCD vs Plasma issue. As soon as someone says plasma, the 'experts' who in reality know very little, always say, 'oh, plasma has burn in'. They forget about superior contrast ratio, viewing angles, fast moving picture quality, price is far cheaper than for 50 inch and above LCD/LED, oh, and no more burn in these days (and for quite awhile). ;)

Anyway, my point is, bring on current facts. Not the same old recycled garbage!

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Thanks for sticking to the topic Saraceno.

Could a moderator please purge the above rubbish out of my thread?

6. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

No problem.

I think rather than rally troops so to speak, Opera should implement a feature such as 'standard' toolbar mode which pops up the first few uses 'do you want to change the layout to a more standard one or the standard Opera?'. Something where a user can make Opera look like Firefox or IE.

People are set in their ways, and are comfortable with IE and Firefox. Opera is easy to use, but everyone I install it for, I notice they always go back to IE, not for speed, but just because they're more comfortable with the layout.

My two cents.

7. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Let's stay on topic folks, or start a separate and new thread on topics that are nearer and dearer to your heart.

Thanks in advance.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.