opera theme for firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

it depends what you like. i like opera because it has very innovative developers more so then any other browser, doesn't hang or crash and is faster then firefox, opera has a very good security record - that's something i think is very important! i can see why some people like firefox though :)

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, Firefox has been promoted more then Opera and it has Add-ons a very useful feature. You can add all kind of nice tools for your browser. :)

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

opera is my favourite browser but it takes me a bit longer to get setup so i have firefox as my main browser on more desktops, the thing i dislike most about firefox is the way it hangs when you load a few tabs at a time. i'm not the only person with that problem am i?

7. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

No such problem here. What do you consider a few? :rolleyes: I have had 10, and more open with no problem.

I do use Opera portable on on of my thumb drives. My second favorite browser without a doubt. ;)

8. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I don't know, but I don't seem to have that happening with Firefox..

9. Arup

Arup Guest

Thanks, since FF is my alternate browser to default Opera, I truly appreciate this.

10. Arup

Arup Guest

FF is a memory hog when you have done some heavy bit of surfing image rich pages, Opera runs fine in that sense.

11. danieleb

danieleb Registered Member

I found this when I noticed ff's higher memory consumption a while back. It seems to be a feature, and perhaps it explains why firefox "hogs" memory for some. The version discussed is 1.5 and the page is a bit old, so I don't know how accurate it is.

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/ben/archives/009749.html

12. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i've got lots of extensions so it could be one of them, i'll try it in safe mode. i'd really like firefox if it didn't hang. what i mean is while a new tab is being loaded the whole browser will hang for about 1 second. i just tried it and it's not happening now lol, i think it mainly happens if i open 5 or 6 new tabs in one go, i'll use firefox for a bit and see when it happens.

13. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I use Firefox in combination with DefenseWall. If both fail my boot-to-restore will clean it up as usual.
    Opera might be safer at this moment, but that is just a matter of dates and not for me a reason to change.
    I don't really use my browser for security reasons, but because Firefox is the most flexible one in several ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.