opera replacements for firefox extensions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WSFuser, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

you can use userjs too, it doesn't take too much to get working. i'm just copying and pasteing this from an old post. if you use userjs the page you run it on needs JS enabled.

This next bit is about Userjs they are similar to Firefox extensions. i'm going to show you how to get Google suggest to work, but if you go through all the scripts you'll find lots of other good ones.

1, Go to ~/.opera and make a directory called something like userjs. this is that place i mentioned before where you have to enable hidden folders in windows - where your opera folder is. :rolleyes:

2, Go to Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Content -> JavaScript Options. Add the location of your newly created script directory to My JavaScript files. mine looks like this (i called my directory my_userjs :D )
    Code:
    /home/iceni60/.opera/my_userjs/
    3, Go to the Google Suggest Script page and right-click on Opera User JS and download googlesuggest.js

4, put googlesuggest.js in your userjs directory, you might need to restart Opera, i'm not sure, and that's it.

here's a link if you get stuck http://userjs.org/help/installation

now when you go to google you should have google suggest

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/913/screenshotgoogleopera8547ve.th.png

EDIT: im not sure they do that much. i really like this one though - link-alert it adds little icons when you hover your mouse over a link showing what kind of link it is (eg if you are about to click on a rss feed it will show you an rss icon)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

here's a great video button that lets you save all kinds of videos. just drag where it says All-In-One Video Bookmarklet from this page to your opera toolbar. you can then click it to save videos from these places - YouTube, Google Video, Metacafe, Myspace, Break.com, Putfile, Dailymotion, Sevenload, MyVideo.de and Clipfish.de

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

WSFuser: http://widgets.opera.com/widget/5303
    Just found this, maybe you want to see it. Seems good, and with widgets you can test them before answering "do you want to keep".

The highest rated and editor picks are good widgets, most anyway.

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.