opera>proxomitron>sockscap>tor

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by boutrosboutros, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boutrosboutros

boutrosboutros Registered Member

Hello All,

First post here. Have been mulling over signing up for a service such as anonymizer for the past few days and in the process of researching services/software, i ended up finding these forums.

I use opera and proxo, and found some posts related to tor and its setup with browser/proxo. Everything appears to be setup correctly. opera uses proxo as the proxy, i started proxo using sockscap, and have sockscap pointing to tor, and tor is connecting ok.

I thought i would try it out by heading over www.grc.com and trying shields up to see if my system's ip and name was seen and it is... so i assumed the my setup was not working but...

... i just found the answer to my own question finally!, as i was posting. I don't have the proxy setup for https in opera. So i will try that. That did it. All appears to be working fine now.

Thanks for the help!:) I didn't even have to wait for a response. Look forward to more good reading in the forums.

Peace,
    Boutros

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.